Lone Peak P099 Sundance Panniers
Lone Peak Facts . . .
- These are First Quality, BRAND NEW packs, Made in USA by a US Company with all Made in USA Materials, with a Lifetime Warranty – NOT closed out, store displays, discontinued, or factory seconds!
- Simple but ingenious “Loc-on” pannier suspension system is easy to use and very secure! Virtually indestructible, the hooks are designed to wrap completely around the rack rails for maximum security. I have seen far more complicated pannier mounting systems out there that do not work nearly as well. This is a great hook design!
- These expedition quality packs are made of 1000 Denier “Cordura Plus” fabric, ounce for ounce the toughest material around. The fabric is impregnated with weatherproof polyurethane, for extra durability and protection from the elements. Lone Peak reinforces high wear areas with “Coverlight.” The Coverlight material is highly abrasion, puncture, and tear resistant. All the webbing used is 100% Nylon Webbing, which is stronger and more abrasion resistant than inexpensive polypropylene webbing you may find on other packs. All attachment and stress points are triple stitched with #92 Bonded Nylon Thread. In addition to the waterproof fabric, the main compartment seams have a 3/4 inch nylon binding over the inside of the seam for extra water protection, so your gear stays nice and dry!
- Lone Peak does not tolerate seam failures. They sew every seam twice, once during the initial sewing process, then a second time when the seams are covered with Nylon Seam Binding, to prevent seam fraying and increase overall durability. The zippers are large #8 Self-repairing Coil Zippers with extra durable nickel sliders and quiet cord pull tabs. For added visibility Lone Peak uses 3M Scotchlite Reflective Tape.
- I sold Lone Peak Packs in my bike shop for about 7 years, and have sold them online for a dozen years. They have been proven reliable. These are great packs. You won’t be disappointed!
An Important Note about Hook Size . . .
- These packs come with either 8mm or 10mm diameter top-hooks for 8mm or 10mm diameter rack top-rails. Please let me know if you need 8mm or 10mm hooks. Do not assume you need 8mm hooks because that is the way panniers and racks used to come “standard.” There IS no “standard” size. I am seeing just as many 10mm hooks and racks now as 8mm.
- Click here for Tips on Measuring for Lone Peak Panniers Hook Size.
- A Suggestion . . . If you have not yet purchased your racks and are going with Lone Peak Panniers, I recommend that you purchase racks with 10mm top-rails. This might save you the hassle of having to repair or replace a rack on a tour – or from having to hitch a ride! The Tubus racks I carry have very high carrying capacity, yet are very light in weight. They have 10mm rails, and work great with Lone Peak panniers. If Tubus racks will not work for you, racks with 10mm top rails have become the standard, and are not difficult to find.