Ready to Purchase? Questions? See Payment and Contact Info Below
We accept by Phone, PayPal, Money Orders and Cashier's Checks.
Cleared Personal Checks are also accepted.
HOW TO PAY BY CREDIT or DEBIT CARD
Contact Wayne by phone at Toll-Free 1-800-747-0588 (my preferred number).   PLEASE NOTE: My toll-free number had technical difficulties recently. If you don’t reach me or my voicemail, then please call 970-482-3600. You may place your order any weekday from 9:00 AM ‒ 6:00 PM, Mountain Time in Colorado, and MOST, but not all, Saturdays from 10AM ‒ 2:00 PM. Please see my OPEN HOURS below. If you get voicemail, I may be on the line with another customer. Please leave a message with your phone number, time zone, and best times to call. I will get back to you as soon as possible. Or wait 20 minutes and try again. If you prefer paying by PayPal, click on the next toggle below.
HOW TO PAY BY PayPal . . . by EMAIL or PHONE
If you are confident you have made the right selections, we can process your order completely by email, or you are welcome to call in your PayPal order on my toll-free number. Please click on the CONTACT tab below.
TO PAY BY EMAIL . . .
- Please email me your list of items and choices. Please include your COMPLETE list of items, including all choices such as color, size, quantity, optional accessories etc. If you say for instance that you want an Ultimate 6 Plus Medium Handle Bar Bag, but forget to say "red, with no map or GPS case," we will reply and ask "what color, and do you want a map case or GPS case with the handlebar bag, and do you want the GPS in vertical or horizontal orientation?"
- Once we confirm that we have your items in stock, we can send you a price quote and a PayPal Request to make paying quick and easy. Please email your order to wayne@TheTouringStore.com. Please provide the email address associated with your PayPal account, AND your complete shipping address ‒ including street and number, unit number, city, state and Zip Code. If the email address you are using for correspondence is also the one you use for PayPal, then please say so. Many of our items qualify for free shipping within the USA and no sales tax, but not all addresses qualify, so we need your shipping address before we can send you an accurate quote.
- Though we try to keep all sizes and colors in stock, if you don't include size and color choices, we can't give you stock status. If you are in a hurry, being as complete as possible with your purchase request will help us process your order without delay.
CONTACT WAYNE BY PHONE OR EMAIL
CONTACT BY PHONE . . . Call Wayne at Toll-Free 1-800-747-0588. PLEASE NOTE: My toll-free number recently had technical difficulties. If you fail to reach me or my voicemail, please call my regular office number at 970-482-3600. You may call weekdays from 9:00 AM ‒ 6:00 PM, Mountain Time in Colorado, and MOST, BUT NOT ALL, Saturdays from about 10 AM ‒ 2:00 PM. Please see the OPEN HOURS tab for more info.
- If you get voicemail during normal business hours, I may be on the line with another customer, so please leave a message with your phone number, time zone, and best times to call ‒ or wait 20 minutes and try again.
- I will call you as soon as possible, the same day whenever I can. You may leave voicemail messages 24‒7. &I always respond ASAP, but sometimes I have a LOT of calls to return, as well as emails waiting for replies, so I apologize if I can’t get back to you quickly ‒ especially on a Monday morning! Thanks! Wayne
CONTACT by EMAIL . . . Email questions to Wayne Boroughs at wayne@TheTouringStore.com.
- I reply same-business-day or next to most emails, depending on the volume of emails I receive, and the time of day I receive them. Please see the OPEN HOURS tab. If you contact me late in my day, or on a weekend, please don’t expect a same-day response. You may send email 24‒7. I always reply as quickly as I can. Monday replies may be slower than average because I usually start the day with a full inbox, as well as a lot of weekend voicemails! And the first day back after a holiday can often be a bit crazy. I look forward to helping you! Wayne
- CONTACT by DIGITAL CARRIER PIGEON . . . We are reconfiguring our DCP technology. Hope to have them flying again soon!
WHY I DON'T HAVE A SHOPPING CART
In this time of digital Internet shopping and instant shopping cart purchases, something has been lost – great old-fashioned service. I am here to help you find the racks and packs that best fit your bikes and your needs. Over the years I have noticed an incredibly high percentage of returns on bicycle racks and packs when I simply shipped requested items without asking “do you know if this rack or pack will fit your bike,” or “have you done any volume testing? Do you know if these packs will provide the room you need?” Just because your bike has built-in rack mounting eyelets, you cannot assume that racks will be easy to fit. Bike manufactures often place rack mounting eyelets in unfortunate places. Some bikes without mounting eyelets CAN accept racks with the proper mounting adapters. Tell me what bikes you have, and what kind of rides you have planned. I can help you determine which racks will best fit your bikes, and whether or not you will need extra mounting parts or adapters to make them fit. And I can give you tips on how to load your bike properly for best handling with a load. I want to give you better advice and service than you will get in your brick and mortar store!
When you shop at TheTouringStore.com, you will talk with me. I share your interest in cycling, bicycle touring, commuting, and traveling to amazing places on two wheels. I will take an interest in what you are doing. I can share things I have learned in over 40 years of cycling, and 30 plus years in the cycling industry, plus MANY things I have picked up from my customers while having in depth conversations about their bikes, gear and experiences. Give me a call, or shoot me an email, and I will help you get your bike rolling. I look forward to helping you.
OPEN HOURS . . . I am open Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM ‒ 6:00 PM, Mountain Time in Colorado, and MOST, BUT NOT ALL, Saturdays from about 10:00 AM ‒ 2:00 PM.
- You are welcome to email me or leave phone messages, day or night, 24-7, but please don’t count on a reply or call-back on a weekend. I always respond ASAP, usually same business day, but sometimes I have a LOT of calls to return and emails waiting for replies, so I apologize if I can’t get back to you quickly ‒ especially on a Monday morning! Thanks! Wayne
ABOUT TIME ZONES
ABOUT TIME ZONES . . . MANY people call us hours early or late and sound surprised when they leave their voicemail messages. When we talk, I find that they were 1-2 hours off on their time zone calculations. If you too are “time zone challenged,” you are not alone! This may help . . .
- Eastern Time is two hours ahead of Mountain Time. 11:00 AM Eastern Time in NY = 9 AM, Mountain Time in Colorado.
- Central Time is one hour ahead of Mountain Time. 10:00 AM Central Time in Illinois = 9:00 AM in Colorado.
- Pacific Time is one hour behind Mountain Time. 8:00 AM Pacific Time in San Francisco = 9:00 AM in Colorado.
- Arizona: During the winter, we are both on Mountain Standard Time. 9:00 AM here is 9:00 AM in AZ. During the summer, we change to Mountain Daylight Time while you stay on Standard Time – so effectively, you are on Pacific Time, and 9:00 AM here is 8:00 AM in AZ.