Ortlieb Ultimate 6 Classic Medium Waterproof Handlebar Bag
Ortlieb Ultimate 6 CLASSIC Medium Handlebar Bag
- See Optional Handlebar Bag Accessories including . . . Extra-large Fold-out Waterproof Map Case, GPS Case, Light and Accessory Adapter, Padded Camera Insert, Extra Mounting Bracket, Internal Divider, and a Mounting Bracket Extender to hold the bag even farther from the handlebars for unusual shaped handlebars, or to accommodate wide-reaching brake levers.
- YES! The Ultimate 6 Handlebar Bags come with a mounting bracket. An extra handlebar bag mounting bracket may be purchased separately (see “Optional Handlebar Bag Accessories” above). Many of our customers have both touring and commuting bikes, and they like to swap their handlebar bags back and forth from one bike to another without having to remove and reinstall their mounting brackets.
- Mounting Bracket Extender . . . If you are wondering if your bars have enough room for a handlebar bag, the Ultimate Mounting Bracket places the back of the handlebar bag 2 inches in front of the handlebars. The optional Mounting Bracket Extender adds an additional 1-3/4 inches between the handlebar and bag, so with the optional Extender, the bag sits 3 3/4 inches in front of the handlebar. The medium and large handlebar bags are about 9 3/4 inches wide at the bracket level. Measure 2 inches in front of your handlebar, and check to see if a bag that is 9 3/4 inches wide will fit between handlebars that curve forward.
- Ultimate 6 Classic Handlebar Bags match the Ortlieb CLASSIC series panniers.
- The Ultimate 6 Classic is made from waterproof and very durable coated polyester fabric with plastic stiffeners inside to help it hold its shape. All exterior seams are high frequency welded, providing excellent waterproofing along with narrow manufacturing tolerances. You will be impressed by the high quality workmanship!
- The Ultimate Mounting Brackets are incredibly rigid and strong. They WILL NOT slip. If you cannot tighten your Ultimate bracket and find that it slips or sags or the bag drops down, give Wayne a call, and he can explain the steps where you misinterpreted the mounting instructions and tightened the mounting bolts out of order. Follow the instructions exactly in order, do not get ahead of the instructions, and you will find that the bracket is very simple to mount, easy to tighten, and incredibly secure — to quote a customer — “rock solid.”
- The Ortlieb Ultimate 6 Handlebar Bag has magnetic lid closures with adjustable closing force, a cord/loop fastening system for Map and GPS cases, and a locking lid.
- The cord/loop method of securing map and GPS case keeps them snug to the lid when riding, so they don’t flap in the wind. Map and GPS Cases do not “stack.” You will use one or the other.
- INCLUDED FEATURES: a locking mounting bracket, a key holder hook, an integrated inner pocket with for organizing your small items, a super reflective 3M Scotchlite reflector patch on the front of the bag, and an integrated shoulder strap.
- The center loop at the back of the bag allows you to open the bag with one hand, important if you want to quickly grab a snack while riding.